The Washburn University School of Law has provided nearly 50 years of education in its current location. Constructed after the 1966 tornado, the building has undergone numerous additions and renovations to improve the educational experience and program offerings for students.
After a careful review and comparison of the learning spaces in our current facility with the needs of future students, we know it is now a pivotal moment to move forward with a new facility.
The new building will offer:
- 11 group student rooms for students to work and collaborate
- Additional space for the Centers of Excellence, the Law Clinic, and the Law Library
- Two courtrooms - an appellate court and a trial court
- Space for student organizations and community legal activities
- 16 classrooms, including a classroom that can fit an entire 1L class
This new building will position Washburn Law as one of the premier venues in legal education, and it will help us strengthen our national reputation and attract the most highly talented students and faculty for many years to come.
Naming opportunities are available for gifts of $25,000 or more toward the new building. Please contact us for more information.
Give to the Washburn University School of Law